Thursday, May 1

easter hike

I missed our CO church this Easter.  We like the church we're at, I just...missed Calvary Belmar.  I so much love the people there.

It was a beautiful day nonetheless.  Everyone is healthy!  We are so thankful that everyone is healthy.  I set up the tripod in the front yard after church and simultaneously claimed we needed a family photo and assured Dustin that it would not take a lot of time (tricky claims to make, my friends).  I set the timer and we took 2 pics and called it good.  Noah is looking off at a neighbor but everyone else cooperated nicely.

Late in the afternoon I took the Big 3 hiking for a little while.  It was a glorious day - a perfect day to praise a risen Savior.  They romped and ran and galloped and giggled.  Adam gave me a small clutch of flowers, Paige ran circles around the rest of us, and Seth pointed out that Star Wars would be much improved if set in our forest.  We talked about Spring and hopes and plans.  And water spiders - we talked about those quite a bit.  Then we came home and grilled burgers and ate lots of tiny strawberry shortcakes.  It was just right, all that family time on Easter.

No comments: