Thursday, September 3

northeast trip, take 1

A few weeks ago, we headed [way] up North to see family.  We stopped for a stint with Brandon,  Michele, Lindsay, & Samantha.  There was the beach and playgrounds and games and restaurants and fireworks and a trampoline.  The cousins were all happy to be together.  Great time.

Then we traveled further and spent time with my aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents.  We had not seen them since Brandon and Michele got married (10ish ago) and it was wonderful to introduce the peeps to them and have the opportunity to connect with them as adults.  Our lives have changed a lot in 10 years, and I think theirs have too.  It was fun to hear about my Gramma and Grampa's younger lives - seemingly inconsequential stuff my nosy self enjoys.

To me, the whole trip felt like the last photo.  I want to do it again!  It was splendid.

No comments: